Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dashed Dreams And Shattered Illusions

I got my census information in the mail the other day. It is kinda cool to be reminded we are all really just part of a collective of these United States. Makes me seem smaller, my problems not nearly as big. While I was reading a magazine the other day I stumbled upon a thought that we (the citizens of the USA) are really just living out our fore-fathers experimental idea of government. This type of capitalistic democracy has not been done quite this way before. So as we bend and manipulate our Constitution to remain relevant and applicable to today's situations, I believe we need to remember the one characteristic that we all share. We are all human beings first and foremost, and all Americans, fellow countrymen before partisanship division.

I think back on where I was in life during the last census. 2000. I was living in Los Angeles, my 1st year out of college. My boyfriend had moved into my 350 square foot apartment with me and we had become engaged on the eve of the millennium. We were making a combined $15 an hour. We were so young and had so much hope and so many dreams and such amazing aspirations. And so much work to do! It is interesting to see us so much worse for the wear 10 years later. We are battered and bruised and weary. I can thank many of the hard knocks of life for some of it, but the real damage came with chronic fatigue syndrome and Fibromyalgia. This has been so freakin' hard on both of us! Some days I can put one foot in front of the other and just go and some days I am paralyzed by the reality that life has been ridiculously difficult and not at all turned out the way it was supposed to!

I am feeling a bit better today. The face pain is gone. I do have inflammation in my right hand between my thumb and index finger which is strange. Today is another housewife day around the house. Already I am off to a better start than yesterday. I woke up, did my hair, showered & took a nice walk with my pooch. Made breakfast and here I am, 12:20 in the afternoon and just getting my day started. I am going to HAVE to go to bed earlier so I can wake up much earlier once summer hits. The heat is so intense there is absolutely no walking after 8 o'clock in the morning and I just can't do that to either the dog or myself. It's time to loose weight, not hibernate for the summer and pack those pounds on!

Thanks for joining,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment