Monday, March 15, 2010

A Day In The Life

Each day in the life living with Fibromyalgia is an exercise in management. A balance of the yin & yang. A mandate to push (but never too much) to achieve, but stop before the crash. A battle of self-preservation fought against self and those closest to us. I have had terrible lows and a few soaring highs and have fought harder than I have ever fought for anything in my life to reach a middle that allows me a taste of everything. I can work, but not too much. I can exercise, but not too hard. I can push myself and go go go, but not for more than a few days in a row...and the price I pay is steep and all consuming. I can laugh and love and enjoy and savor now. Experiences that were impossible when I was wrapped up in the all-consuming misery of living with Fibromyalgia.

Today is a day off. From the world. But a work-day for the housewife. I need to groom the dog and highlight my hair and vacuum and exercise. But has Queen Procrastinator done any of this? No, I have started a blog! I am still unclear as to what a blog actually is, but my husband says that keeps me pure. So here I am publishing my deepest thoughts and most intimate experiences onto the world wide web. God bless 2010! The point is not to obsess on this (which is easy for me to do), but to channel my feelings through this. While still taking care of my life...not sitting here on the couch all day...blogging...

Thanks for joining,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment